Sunday, January 2, 2011

How Greasemonkey improved my Book-Buying experience

This is the normal process I follow to buy books online.

  1. Browse for books on amazon check our review. If I like a book, I go to Flipkart using a link generated by the Amazon to Flipkart greasemonkey script. Flipkart is the best online India bookstore with great web design and super service.
  2. If I'm sure an edition is available in India, I go to isbn.net.in using a link generated by the Flipkart to ISBN greasemonkey script to check out which bookstore offers the cheapest price.
Normally the second action doesn't make much of a difference, as Flipkart beats rest of the services hands down with great service, hence moving away from Flipkart rarely happens even if the cost is slightly higher.

However, If you are anything like me , as a consumer we always feel the need to know the cheapest way to get the product. And so this script. Basically after installing this script you will get a link near the book's image in Flipkart page which redirects you to isbn.net.in.

P.S: The authors of this code are chanchal and @tRAS and not me :)

No comments: